06 January 2011

Gleneagle Needlepoint - Mistake Patch

Gleneagle - Mistake Patch in progress


The Mistake Patch is such an appropriate name for this design. The Amadeus stitches that were in my last Gleneagle update were removed and restitched -- the final sequence of stitches for each side were in the wrong position.  It is amazing how much better they look when stitched correctly!!!

The center stitch is what the designer (Jean Hilton) has called the Mistake stitch.  This is the second version that I have stitched.  I decided to start the stitch one canvas thread closer into the smyrna border and I like the coverage better.

There is a bit of disruption to the Mistake stitch as I fill in the background and am wondering if it would have been easier to stitch the background first.  I do not plan to find out -- I will adjust the center after the basketweave is complete.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment