26 January 2011

Gleneagle - Leaf Patch Complete


Gleneagle - Leaf Patch


Yippie!! It's done!!  I finished the leaf patch on Friday.

This patch was quite a process. I ripped as much as I  left in -- not "perfect" but complete.

The border was another challenge for me. The chart does not show the border as a mirror image -- minor adjustment and easy enough to do. But I had to rip and re-stitch. There are compensating stitches at the bottom of the chart, but not the top. I tried it without any compensating stitches to keep it balanced but it just didn't look right. Ripped it out again.

Bottom line -- my leaf patch border has compensating stitches top and bottom...left is a mirror image of the right.

Colors changes: basketweave next to leaf is the accent (746). Jessicas are A light (224), inside Jessicas is the accent, and border is A Medium (223).

Note: My color selection does not have a perle for A dark (3722) - when the instruction calls for A dark perle I have been changing the colors to be able to keep the texture that the perle provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment