31 August 2011

A Tish Celebration Needlepoint - Week 1

A Tish Celebration


Some of my favorite needlepoint pieces were designed by Tish Holland.  I like the stylized southwestern look that is uniquely hers -- as well as her stitch and thread selections.

Several years ago I bought "A Tish Celebration", the design size is approximately 20 inches by 40 inches, it is painted on 14 count canvas, and came with a stitch guide (not by Tish).  I have most of the supplies and am just about ready to begin the stitching!

I'm not really sure if this is still available, the canvas is listed on the Sundance Designs online catalog, but no image is available.  Many of the individual elements in the piece are available as smaller, modified canvases -- Bread Making, Chili Harvest, Little Potter, Prickly Pear Harvest, and Three Sisters.

This link will take you to the Tish page of the Sundance Catalog ... Tish needlepoint designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment