25 August 2011

Knitting Bandages for the D.O.V.E. Fund



I have found a wonderful way to keep busy during my lunch break at work - my break is at an odd time and I'm usually alone.  I like to read and listen to recorded books.  I have been reading and listening to the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters -- when listening to a book I can stitch or knit -- something simple that doesn't require much thought.  The past year I have been knitting bandages for the D.O.V.E. Fund -- I have finished three and am working on the fourth.

Football season provides many opportunities to knit bandages -- all those hours in front of the TV usually has me making cotton washcloths or dishcloths, now I will be working on bandages, too.

Information on the group that coordinates this effort can be found at
The D.O.V.E Fund Bandage Brigade

No comments:

Post a Comment