07 January 2012

More Ornaments -- much research



This week I finished two more of the bead/sequin ornaments in red and will be packing that craft box away for a while.  In total, I made 6 of the bead/sequin ornaments.

The photo above is the only cross stitch ornament I managed to stitch in 2011.  I will use one of the mini frames in gold for the finishing - unless I get really ambitious and try another finishing process and that isn't likely.  The pattern is from Kount of Kappie, Book 36, Trim Your Tree with Stitch 'n Stuff, 1982.  The piece is stitched on 22 count Hardander in white using DMC floss, 1 strand over 1.

I have already posted in my 2012 list one design by HAED that I plan to start soon.  Well, if one is good, two must be better!!  I added one of the Escher charts to my list.  Instead of stitching for the first week of the year, I used my stitching time to surf relentlessly the Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) board and the HAED SAL.  I looked at the fabulous work done by other stitchers while trying to decide how to stitch the Escher.  After some trial stitching and gathering opinions - a giant thank you to the stitchers on the HAED board who provided great feedback - decisions have been made and supplies have been purchased -- time to get started.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment