21 September 2011

Row by Row Quilt - It's Done!

Row by Row - Finished


I finished stitching the binding on Row by Row quilt this morning!  I am always surprised at how much easier (and faster)  it is to quilt and bind a lap-sized quilt versus a queen or king.  Row by Row has a finished size of about 58" by 88".

The quilting was done on a Elna Quilting Queen Pro using Signature cotton thread (40wt) and a stitch length of 3.0.  The longer arm makes it much easier to maneuver the quilt bulk than when quilting with a traditional machine!

Row by Row - Back


The marking lines I drew on for the quilting were done with a combination of Sewline Fabric Pencils in black and white and the Clover White Marking Pen.  I am anxious to see if the markings come out in a gentle wash in my machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment