30 July 2011

Rhapsody by Amybear - Week 1



The supplies for Rhapsody have been on my pressing table for over a month.  As soon as E. Mears was finished, I started getting the Rhapsody project ready for stitching.

Marking the canvas was easy... with one exception.... the designer suggests putting the letter and number designations onto the canvas.  Well... I put in half of the letters and then decided that I placed them too close to the actual work area.  Not really an issue and but if it really starts to bother me I have Ceramcoat ready.  Then I started putting in the numbers -- with the amount of space available not an easy task, so those numbers went onto the edge fabric.

The stitching has barely been started but I am sure that this will be a fun project with all stitching done with one strand of Watercolours on 18 count canvas.  My color selection is trying for a tropical look - but - with overdyed threads the result isn't always what I expect.

Rhapsody - Week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment