30 June 2011

Stitching with Lizzie at week 26 - what was she thinking??

Lizzie at Week 26


The past week, I have only stitched on Lizzie aka Elizabeth Mears.  I have spent a ridiculous amount of time stitching the center gable at the roof line.  The white outer edge of the gable is stitched one thread high and two threads wide with plenty of partial stitches to confuse me.  Needless to say, it took a couple of attempts to have a gable that was presentable and I'm fairly pleased with the result.

If you are stitching this piece, I suggest you follow Barbara's direction and put in all of the full and partial stitches surrounding the gable first and then go back and work symbol 9.  Even with that I found that I needed to mark my progress on my chart to keep my stitches in the correct positions.

Since the high temperature continues to hover in the 110 degree plus range, it should be another good week for stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl Bunker01 July, 2011 06:17

    It looks great. You are making great progress!

    ReplyDelete