27 May 2011

Almost A Log Cabin Quilt

Almost A Log Cabin Quilt



As I was getting the backing ready for the "Almost A Log Cabin" quilt, I decided to try grid quilting using masking tape to mark the stitching lines. Hee, hee -- that didn't go so well... the fabric is flannel and the tape got a bit too strong. Add to that -- the "almost" part of the name of my quilt -- the lines are not as straight as they should be.


This was my first log cabin quilt. I finished the top several years ago and added a border a couple of weeks ago. It was originally planned to be an oversized quilt for a twin bed. The addition of the borders should make it large enough for a queen.

A couple of the anchor lines are stitched and now I am marking the grid lines. The final quilting will be a grid pattern with spacing at about 2.75". It is definitely easier to mark a quilt before pinning, but -- you work with what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment