04 September 2010

Safety Pins for Quilting and Finding Equinox Quilt

My little quilt is pieced!  Since there are a bunch of buttons to add, minimal quilting will be needed.  Because I have done very little quilting on a home machine I have been doing research to help with supplies.  I had always been told to use brass safety pins -- what I didn't know was that they leave marks in light fabrics.  Harriet Hargrave recommends high quality, rustproof, nickel plated pins.  I'm pretty sure that means nickel plated brass and not nickel plated steel. When I did a Yahoo search I was directed to Hancocks of Paducah where I found not just safety pins but this fabulous quilt!  It is called Equinox and uses fabrics designed by Kaffe Fassett - the pattern is by Aardvark Quilts.



This photo came from http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-AQ-818-QK

No comments:

Post a Comment